Edicole is committed to complying with National Privacy principles and will comply with other laws applicable to our business in relation to our customers' privacy.
1. The information we collect
Edicole will not collect or monitor any personal information about you without your consent. The only personal information we collect is what you tell us about yourself (for example, when making a purchase, signing up to our newsletter or creating a subscription account). We also keep details of your interest areas and purchase history for future purchases and reference. You do not have to supply us with this information; however, if you choose not to, we may be unable to sell or provide you with the merchandise or service that you require.
2. How we use the information
Information we collect may be used to fulfill our obligation under any purchase of merchandise or service request, and to enhance your shopping experience in the following ways:
● Deliver merchandise that you purchase
● Signing up for a subscription
● Bill your credit card for your purchases
● Confirm your shopping orders
● Respond to your inquiries or requests
● Communicate information about us, our products, services, special offers and/or special events
● Satisfy conditions associated with any contractual or legal requirement
● Make statistical data for marketing analysis If any other purposes arise other than those listed here, we will advise you at the time.
3. When and with whom we share your information
In nearly all circumstances when we use your information, that information remains within Edicole. We never sell or rent your personal information to any third parties under any circumstances. However, we sometimes need to share your information with our agents, representatives, and trusted service providers and contractors, for the specific purpose of fulfilling customer orders; offering certain products and services in connection with our website; communicating with customers; providing customer service; enhancing and improving the customer shopping experience; providing a personalised shopping experience; and completing credit card transactions. Aside from these purposes, we will never share your personal information with any third parties unless we have your express permission do so, or under special circumstances such as when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is required by law.
4. Changing and removing the information we have about you
Edicole takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends largely on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
● Advise us immediately if there are any errors in your personal information; and
● Keep us up to date with changes to your personal information, such as your name or address, or credit card expiry date.
5. Storage and security of your personal information
Edicole will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure all information that you have provided to us, and to keep this information accurate and up to date, including information stored electronically. Our employees are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Edicole. However, Edicole is not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
6. Access to your information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions specified by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Edicole reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to your information.